The Young Elites by Marie Lu


THE YOUNG ELITES
BY MARIE LU
PUBLISHED: 2014
AVERAGE RATING: 3.95
355 PAGES
★★★★★

The Young Elites was a new book by the author whom I’d recently read the Legend trilogy of, and I thought that the Young Elites couldn’t be better, but boy I was wrong.

The Young Elites is about Adelina, a girl who survived the blood fever years ago. The Blood fever was a deadly illness that swept through her nation, most of the infected perished, while some survived left with strange markings.

Adelina’s black hair turned silver, her lashes went pale, and now she only has a scar where her left eye once was. Her father thinks she’s a Malfetto, an abomination, ruining their family’s good name and standing in the way of their fortune. But some of the fever’s survivors are rumored to possess more than just scars, they are believed to have mysterious and powerful gifts, and though their identities remain secret, they have come to be called the Young Elites. 

I was curious about Adelina from the first moment I met her, the way she thought, the way she perceived her father and her sister. It was like she was always angry, always wanting revenge for something that must have happened years ago. I was also curious from the first moment The Young Elites were mentioned; and the fact that their identities were a secret. It was exciting already at the first couple of pages, and I loved it. 

The tense suspension of waiting and longing to know what was going to happen on the next page kept on going from page 1 until the end. I'm still thinking about it, a couple of months after finishing it. I am seriously aching to get my hands on "The Rose Society" which is the next book in this series. 

Marie Lu just posted not long ago that the book is going to be turned into a movie, and I honestly can’t wait to see how they’re going to make this beautiful book into a movie! It’s going to be great! 


Share this:

, , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 Comments:

Legg inn en kommentar