We were liars by E. Lockhart



WE WERE LIARS
BY E. LOCKHART
PUBLISHED: 2014
AVERAGE RATING: 3.86
242 PAGES
★★★★☆


With this book, it was the title that caught my attention. “We were liars” sounded exciting and thrilling. Also, it was hard to make an opinion about what kind of book this was, so that made me even more curious.

“We were liars” is written by E. Lockhart and was published may the 14th in 2014. It holds several genres, including young adult, suspense, mystery, fiction and romance.

At goodreads this is the description you get:

A beautiful and distinguished family.
A private island.
A brilliant, damaged girl; a passionate, political boy.
A group of four friends—the Liars—whose friendship turns destructive.
A revolution. An accident. A secret.
Lies upon lies
True love.
The truth.


and that’s probably the best description to give, because it’s almost impossible to say something about this book without ruining the experience of reading it. This is one of the books you just have to read for yourself and just experience the feelings, the questions raising throughout the story progressing and so on.

This book still gets to me on so many levels, and I’m still not sure whether I like it or not. But it’s a book that I’ll remember for a long time, and a book I want to read again, so I absolutely recommend reading it. The story is special and told in a very exciting way, although I thought it was boring at first.

There are two things I disliked about the book. The first thing is the way the writing went crazy at times, without it being any reasons for it to do so. I don’t know if it’s the authors way of trying to be poetic, but for me it was just annoying. Especially because I seriously couldn’t find a reason for it to be written that way.

Just so you’ll understand what I’m talking about, I’ll write the next section for you in that way.

The other thing I
disliked about the
book
is the main character
Cadence. I can’t quite get her.
In many ways, I understand
her and relate to
her, but in other ways I find
her annoying, full of
herself and
whiny. I’ve seen that a lot
of the people reviewing the book calls it
“a shitload of #whitegirlproblems”
and I actually get that.
But in another way, everyone is allowed to have
problems, and they feel just as real to rich people.
So i understand to her, but I dislike her, and that feels really weird…

And as you just read, that’s the way the writing in the book sometimes is. Not all the time, but sometimes, and often on parts of the book that didn’t make sense at all to write like that. I just don’t get it.

But the story is
good, and as I said, this is a book that really got to me and that I will be thinking about for a while. It’s worth reading.



Share this:

, , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 Comments:

Legg inn en kommentar