Delirium by Lauren Oliver


Delirium is one of those rare trilogies that you find kind of randomly through friends or social medias. I had no idea that this trilogy even existed before Goodreads recommended it to me - so I had to check it out. Bought the whole trilogy with its short stories and I started with Annabel, went on with Delirium - and I was hooked.

Delirium is about Lena, who’s going to be cured for the deliria in ninety-five days. She can’t wait for the cure, because she’s constantly scared to catch the deliria.

Just to make everything clear, the deliria is love. When you fall in love with someone, you have the deliria.

First of all, I’m a dystopia fan, and the Delirium trilogy is amazing. The way Lauren Oliver writes, describing everything that happens, the way things smell and look like. I also love the characters, and I seriously fell in love with Lena and Hana. The thing that makes this different from everything I’ve read before is the way the characters develop in directions that I didn’t suspect at all. And when I finished this book I couldn’t help thinking; what about the others? What happens to them? So I’m hoping we get to see them again later.

I think that the Delirium trilogy fits everyone who loves dystopia, but also people who love a good love-story. I’m placing it on my shelf right next to The Hunger Games, Divergent and The Maze Runner - and I’m definitely going to buy these books so that I can read them whenever I want in the future.

★★★☆☆

Share this:

, , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 Comments:

Legg inn en kommentar