Legend by Marie Lu


Legend is the first book in the Legend-trilogy, written by Marie Lu. The second book is Prodigy, and the third Champion. 

Marie Lu’s writing kind of takes me back to when I was reading Hunger Games and Divergent. The language is easy and good, and she only describes what needs to be described. There’s no leftovers that we feel is unnecessary. I also like the way she divides the two main characters, making it possible for us to get to know both characters first hand, while knowing that the other is right around the corner.

I also like the way she divides the two characters June Iparis and Day - the way (in my book) it’s divided with different colors and different fonts. I also love the way she manages to always keep the tension going, I never get bored, and I feel like I’m even more alert while reading. 

From different worlds, June and Day have no reason to cross paths... Until June's brother is murdered, and Day becomes the prime suspect. In a shocking turn of events, the two uncover what has really brought them together, and the sinister lengths to which their country will go to keep its secrets.

We get to meet Day, a famous criminal in the Republic, by failing his Trials and a family with the plague, he tries to get cures for them by stealing and betting. And then we meet June Iparis, a prodigy with the perfect score of 1500 in her Trials. She’s the sister of Metias, a really important military guy in the Republic. The two different characters are so well written I thought that they were written with two completely different voices. I knew that somewhere in this book these two characters were going to meet, but I was surprised by the way they met.

I have to say that if you ever read The Maze Runner or Divergent or Hunger Games, you’re going to love this book! And I seriously can’t wait to start the next one!

★★★★☆

Share this:

, , , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 Comments:

Legg inn en kommentar