Fifty Shades Freed (Fifty Shades #3) by E.L. James


FIFTY SHADES FREED
BY E.L. JAMES
PUBLISHED: 2012
AVERAGE RATING: 3.91
579 PAGES
★☆☆☆☆

So, after some time I’ve reached the end of this famous trilogy, known over the whole world. It’s been quite the journey.

For those of you who have read the reviews of book 1 and 2 (you can read them HERE and HERE), you know that I’ve been having some mixed feelings about them. You know that they’re not exactly the best books I’ve read in my lifetime. So, after fighting through Fifty Shades Darker, I started on this. Fifty Shades Freed. The third and last book.

I have to admit, I was tired of this book before I even started with it. And the beginning was not very promising either. It starts off at Anastasia and Christian’s honeymoon, right after another poorly written dialogue. For me, their honeymoon does not contain much more than situations where Anastasia get to reveal her stupidity and Christian being a controlfreak. Some romance here and there maybe. And some sex-scenes, that surprisingly enough is not exactly the same as all of the times in Fifty Shades Darker. That’s positive at least.

So the start of this book was just as I expected really. Except for the sex. But to be honest, E.L. James now proves that it's not always a good idea to be creative. Some parts were just directly gross. Anastasia still continues to irritate with her stupidity and Christian continues to treat her in a way I didn't even want to mention, because I'm starting to realize how much I actually hate this guy and I could write a bible about everything that is wrong here.

I'm sorry, I have to. Christian grey. This character.... In the beginning of the series, I’ll admit I found him sexy. He was mysterious, he was exciting and all of the things that makes it understandable that so many women love the series. But the more you read, the more he reveals himself to be the biggest control-freak ever in a way that's not sexy or even okay. He is mean, he is unfair and he is childish. And it doesn't matter how many times E.L. James and Anastasia Steele tries to justify his actions, or how deeply in love Anastasia is with him. He is still a docuhebag. There are at least 10 times during the story where I would call it quits with this maniac.

And when it comes to Anastasia, I don't know if it's saddest that she actually married this guy or that she is exactly a kind of person who would do so. I don't even want to begin with my thoughts about her.

So back to the actual book.The honeymoon part was just irritating. There are so many things there to point at that just drives me mad. But then, and I never thought I would say this, things actually get’s better.

At this point, I seriously never thought it would happen. Maybe it’s because I soon was finished with it all, but I actually found the rest of the book….entertaining? Well, not really, but at least better than ever before. It still doesn’t reach the level I expect from a okay book, but this is without doubt the best part of the trilogy. Anastasia and Christian get’s back to the “real world” after their honeymoon, and there are three very dramatic things happening that actually made the story exciting… And, for once, Anastasia actually stands up for herself. But I swear to God, if she hadn't done it at that point I wouldn't have read more in protest. I would have been done forever.

So, without spoiling everything, I actually liked this book better than the last, which was a relief. The third book is probably the best of them, almost tied with the first book. There are, of course, a lot more I could point at in this book as well, but it was so nice finally having a hint of okay reading, I’m going to skip it. Except for their honeymoon. That part sucked. And the fact that I seriously dislike both of the main characters. And the writing. And the fact that there is absolutely no moral in this book at all.

BUT THANK GOD I AM DONE. You could even say that I am.... Freed.


Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

0 Comments:

Legg inn en kommentar