On Writing - A memoir of the craft by Stephen King


ON WRITING - A MEMOIR OF THE CRAFT
BY STEPHEN KING
PUBLISHED: 1999
AVERAGE RATING: 4.28
320 PAGES
★★★★☆


This book is written by Stephen King and is about how to become a good writer. The book contains many tips and tricks on how to write well, and a lot of personal experience. There is also stories from Kings childhood, how he became a writer and the near-death accident he had in 1999.

I bought this book because I like to write and I though it could be useful for improving my writing. It was. I have been a fan of Stephen King since I was about 12 years old and he is one of my favorite writers. This book contains a good mix of Stephen Kings life and tips for improving your writing. It was really interesting to read about how he started writing Carrie, how small things and thoughts in your daily life can become a big book and in general how Stephen King works when he writes a story. Also, the book has a part where King talks about the “toolbox”, and that specific chapter is something I’ll probably have on my side for every second draft of my own work. It’s the kind of book you should own and not borrow because of all the good advices. All over, I was inspired and I feel that it was a useful book for me.


Share this:

, , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 Comments:

Legg inn en kommentar