The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan



THE SEA OF MONSTERS (PERCY JACKSON & THE OLYMPIANS)
BY RICK RIORDAN
PUBLISHED: 2006
AVERAGE RATING: 4.22
279 PAGES
★★★☆☆

The Heroic Son of Poseidon, Percy Jackson goes out to retrieve the Golden Fleece against Chiron's wishes, and along with him; his new friend Tyson and Annabeth. On their journey they fight against monsters, an old enemy and meet new and terrifying creatures from all over the world.

I read this book in about 3 or 4 days, and it's as I said in my review about "The Lightning Thief" easy-read books with lots of action. All though they're very childish written, they're funny and kind of feel-good books that makes you believe in a world of the old greek Gods and Demi-Gods fighting for our survival.

What I love about this book is that we get to understand more about Percy's faith, but we also get to meet a new member of his family. There's a big plot-twist at the start of the book, and the twist just grows throughout the book. We don't get to see or meet many Gods in this book, but Hermes, the messenger - and father of Luke, gives Percy help on his way. And even though Percy is angry with his father for not taking contact - he understands that he's watching over him - giving him powers and gifts that shows his affection for his son.

I guess that as long as you remember that these are children's books when you read them - they're incredibly funny to read and you just fall in love with the people you read about!

I think that most people would like it even though it's for children. I think that because of some violence and scary scenes, these books shouldn't be read by children over 8 or 9 years old.

Even though these books are some kind of break for me so that I can get back to reading more heavy books - I feel like this adventure gives me the same kind of feeling I had when I was reading Hunger Games or Divergent, heroes we can identify ourselves with.


Share this:

, , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 Comments:

Legg inn en kommentar